Sunday, December 23, 2012

On Vacation and Finding Joy

My vacation started officially at 1pm on Friday, and I swore that I was going to take it easy and have an active, but relaxing vacation. I decided that I was going to be really good at conserving my spoons.

Well, my spoons are in the negative, but at this point I wouldn't change a thing about it. I've had a wonderful vacation so far.

On Friday, I saw Both: A Nativity Story (told through the songs of the Beatles). It was a Broadway worthy performance, and I laughed, teared up, sang, grooved, and just had an amazing time. I am so thankful for the actors who performed, as they volunteered their time to do something that brought so much joy to everyone in the room. It is definitely going to be a new holiday tradition for me.





Yesterday, Omar and I went out to Palm Springs to hang out with our friends John and Tins. It was just a good day of fun with great people. We blew things up, we talked about cameras (Tins is a professional, and I'm starting to get interested in it as a hobby), had lots of laughs, got to cuddle with a sleeping baby...So much awesomeness. Will be doing a lot more of that.



Even more than that, I had an awesome time with Omar. We talked for four hours about everything and anything and I'm so grateful that our love and friendship becomes deeper every day, every year.

Today I'm off to yoga. My body is telling me that this might not be the best idea, but I need to do it for my soul. Some people find their zen/peace/whatever in church. I find mine on the mat.

I can't wait to see what the rest of vacation brings.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment